Researcher's Information - National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences, NIAES
April 1, 2012
Affiliation & Position
Carbon & Nutrient Cycling Division, researcher
E-mail : email@example.com
- Stabilization and destabilization of soil organic matter and the impact of agricultural management and global warming on those processes
- Physical and chemical characteristics of organo-mineral associations at different spatial/temporal scales
- Soil processes and ecosystem functioning (nutrient cycling, microbial ecology, organo-mineral interactions)
||Ecology and Environmental Sciences, 2005, University of Maine-Orono, ME, USA|
||Forest Science, 1999, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR|
||Forest Ecology and Management, 1996, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI|
- Wagai, R. L.M. Mayer, K. Kitayama, Y. Shirato (2011) Association of organic matter with iron and aluminum across a range of soils determined via selective dissolution techniques coupled with dissolved nitrogen analysis. Biogeochemistry DOI 10.1007/s10533-011-9652-5
- Fushimi, A., R. Wagai, M. Uchida, S. Hasegawa, K. Takahashi, M. Kondo, M. Hirabayashi, Y. Morino, Y. Shibata, T. Ohara, S. Kobayashi, K. Tanabe (2011) Radiocarbon (14C) diurnal variations in fine particles at sites downwind from Tokyo, Japan in summer, Environmental Science and Technology 45: 6784-6792.
- Wagai, R., K. Kitayama, T. Satomura, R. Fujinuma, and T.C. Balser (2011) Interactive influences of climate and parent material on soil microbial community structure in Bornean tropical forest ecosystems. Ecological Research 26: 627-636.
- Sollins, P., M.G. Kramer, C. Swanston, K. Lajtha, T. Filley, A.K. Aufdenkampe, R. Wagai, and R.D. Bowden (2009) Organic C and N stabilization across soils of contrasting mineralogy: further evidence from sequential density fractionation. Biogeochemistry 96:209-231.
- Moritz, L.K., C. Liang, R. Wagai, K. Kitayama, and T.C. Balser (2009) Vertical distribution and accumulation of microbial residues in tropical forest soils formed from distinct parent materials. Biogeochemistry 92:83-94.
- Wagai, R., L.M. Mayer, and K. Kitayama (2009) Nature of “occluded” low-density fraction in soil organic matter studies: a critical review. Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 55: 13-25.
- Wagai, R., L.M. Mayer, and K. Kitayama (2009) Extent and nature of organic coverage of soil mineral surfaces assessed by a gas sorption approach. Geoderma 149: 152-160.
- Ushio, M., R. Wagai, T. Balser, and K. Kitayama (2008) Variations in the soil microbial community composition of a tropical montane forest ecosystem : does tree species matter? Soil Biology and Biochemistry 40: 2699-2702.
- Wagai, R., L.M. Mayer, K. Kitayama, and H. Knicker (2008) Climate and parent material controls on organic matter storage in surface soils: A three-pool, density-separation approach. Geoderma 147: 23-33.
- Wagai, R. and L.M. Mayer (2007) Significance of hydrous iron oxides for sorptive stabilization of organic carbon in a range of soils. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 71: 25-35.
- Mayer, L.M., L.L. Schick, K. Hardy, R. Wagai, and J.F. McCarthy (2004) Organic matter content of small mesopores in sediments and soils. Geochimica et Cosmochimica Acta 68: 3863-3872.
- Kitayama, K., S. Aiba, M. Takyu, N. Majalap-Lee, and R. Wagai (2004) Soil phosphorus fractionation and phosphorus-use efficiency of a Bornean tropical montane rain forest during soil ageing with podozolization. Ecosystems 7:259-274.
- Wagai, R. and P. Sollins (2002) Biodegradation and regeneration of water-soluble organic carbon in a forest soil: leaching column study. Biology and Fertility of Soils 35:18-26.
- Ohno, T., M.Y. Horesh, K. Merritt, and R. Wagai (2002) Calcium and pH effects on salicylic acid phytotoxicity. Allelopathy Journal 9: 19-25.
- Norton, S., R. Wagai, T. Navratil, J.M. Kaste, and F.A. Rissberger (2000) Response of a first-order stream in Maine to short-term in-situ acidification. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences 4: 383-391.
- Wagai, R., K. Brye, S.T. Gower, J.M. Norman, and L. Bundy (1998) Land use and environmental factors influencing soil surface CO2 flux and microbial biomass in natural and managed ecosystems in southern Wisconsin. Soil Biology and Biochemistry 30: 1501-1509.