Researcher's Information - National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences, NIAES
April 1, 2012
Noriko YAMAGUCHI, Dr.
Soil Environment Division
Present research projects
- Localization/speciation of As and Cd in plant tissues and soils by using a Synchrotron X-ray spectroscopy.
- Accumulation mechanisms of humic substances in Andosols in association with Fe and Al.
Recent publication (after 2006)
- N. Yamaguchi, S. Eguchi, H. Fujiwara, K. Hayashi, H. Tsukada (2012) Radiocesium and radioiodine in soil particles agitated by agricultural practices: Field observation after the Fukushima nuclear accident. SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 425, 128-134.
- N. Yamaguchi, S. Ishikawa, T. Abe, K. Baba, T. Arao, Y. Terada (2012) Role of the node in controlling traffic of cadmium, zinc, and manganese in rice, JOURNAL OF EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY, 63(7) 2729-2737.
- N. Yamaguchi, T. Nakamura, D. Dong, Y. Takahashi, S. Amachi, T. Makino (2011) Arsenic release from flooded paddy soils is influenced by speciation, Eh, pH, and iron dissolution, CHEMOSPHERE, 83(7), 925-932.
- Y. Hashimoto, N. Yamaguchi, M. Takaoka, K. Shiota (2011) EXAFS speciation and phytoavailability of Pb in a contaminated soil amended with compost and gypsum , SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 409(5), 1001-1007.
- S. Kikuchi, H. Makita, S. Mitsunobu, Y. Terada, N. Yamaguchi, K. Takai, Y. Takahashi (2011) Application of synchrotron µ-XRF-XAFS to the speciation of Fe on a single stalk in bacteriogenic iron oxides (BIOS), CHEMISTRY LETTERS, 40(7), 680-681.
- N. Yamaguchi, M. Nakano, R. Takamatsu, H. Tanida (2010) Inorganic iodine incorporation into soil organic matter: evidence from iodine K-edge X-ray absorption near-edge structure, JOURNAL OF ENVIRONMENTAL RADIOACTIVITY, 101(6), 451-457.
- N. Yamaguchi, S. Mori, K. Baba, S. Kaburagi-Yada, T. Arao, N. Kitajima, A. Hokura, Y. Terada (2010) Cadmium distribution in the root tissues of solanaceous plants with contrasting root-to-shoot Cd translocation efficiencies, ENVIRONMENTAL AND EXPERIMENTAL BOTANY, 71(2), 198-206.
- N. Yamaguchi, A. Kawasaki, I. Iiyama (2008) Distribution of uranium in soil components of agricultural fields after long-term application of phosphate fertilizers, SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 407(4), 1383-1390.
- N. Yamaguchi, K. Seki, M. Komamura, K Kurishima (2007) Long-term mobility of fallout 90Sr in ploughedil, and 90Sr uptake by wheat grain, SCIENCE OF THE TOTAL ENVIRONMENT, 372, 595-604.
- N. Yamaguchi, Y. Watanabe, A. Kawasaki (2007) Uptake of uranium by spinach grown in Andosols accumulating trace amounts of fertiliser-derived uranium, Environmental Radiochemical Analysis 52-57.
- M. Mizoguchi, Y, Abe, N. Yamaguchi H. Imoto, T. Miyazaki (2006) Cadmium transport in volcanic ash soil during organic acid solution flow , Journal of ASTM International, 3, 60-67.
- Noriko Yamaguchi (2008) X-ray absorption fine structure as a tool for non-destructive analyses of soils. In Speciation and behavior analyses of trace elements using a synchrotron radiation light source application to plant and soil samples - Syuntaro Hiradate, Yasuko Terada, Nobuyuki Kitajima, Michiko Takahashi, Naoko Nishizawa, Noriko Yamaguchi, Makoto Takenaka. Japanese Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 79(2) p.229-237. (in Japanese)
- Hiroyasu Hotokezaka, Noboru Aoyagi, Yasuhiro Kawahara, Noriko Yamaguchi, Shinya Nagasaki, Ken Sasaki Satoru Tanaka (2003) “Selective in-situ determination of carbonate and oxide particles in aqueous solution using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) for wearable information equipment. "The 2003 JSME-IIP/ASME-ISPS Joint Conference on Micromechatronics for Information and Precision Equipment Conference ProceedingsJSME-IIP/ASME-ISPS p.415-416
- Noriko U. Yamaguchi, Syuntaro Hiradate, Masaru Mizoguchi, and Tsuyoshi Miyazaki (2002) Long-term kinetics of the disappearance of Al tridecamer from a solution in the presence of humic acid. 17th World Congress on Soil Science, in CD-ROM
- Noriko Yamaguchi (2001) Ion sorption mechanism at the mineral/water interface. - Thermodynamic and spectroscopic approaches. Nano-scale Interaction between soils and soil components. Teruo Henm, Syuntaro Hiradate, Noriko Yamatuchi, Tomoyuki Ishida, Naoto Matue, Japanese Journal of Soil Science and Plant Nutrition 72(6) p.833-838. (in Japanese)
JSSSPN Progress Awards (2004) Effect of interactions between ion and ligand on chemical reactions in soil.